It’s the end of the school year, and in the middle of writing IEP’s and checking out way too much data and graphing, I’ve thought a lot about statistical approaches to things and exactly why math is important. If you’re not a math person, feel free to stop reading now, but if you are a math person (or if you’re just curious) feel free to continue.
A few months ago, I did a statistical look at arrests in the 16 & Pregnant world, and I had a huge response. Several of you were wanting to have new posts with updated information on these ladies, so I figured I would do my best and put all of that information together. This post will cover multiple pregnancies – that we know of – in the 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom ladies. At some point, I’ll write up a post about the dad’s and their roles in reproduction, but for now, we’re focusing in on the ladies.
Keep in mind that studies show that nearly 50% of all teenage mothers will get pregnant for a second time within two years of their first pregnancy. After checking out our stats below, you’ll find that this is pretty darn close to what’s going on with MTV’s picks for 16 & Pregnant.
Season 1 (2009):
The first season of 16 & Pregnant featured 6 ladies, and of those, 4 have gotten pregnant again.
1. Maci – Gave birth to son Bentley, and is currently pregnant and about to deliver her daughter, Jayde Carter with boyfriend of several years, Taylor McKinney.
2. Catelynn – Placed daughter Carly up for adoption, and later gave birth to daughter, Novalee Reign. Both children have the same father.
3. Whitney – Gave birth to son Weston Jr. on her episode, and later had another child with Weston. The couple named their second son River. They have since separated.
4. Ebony – Gave birth do daughter Jocelyn on her episode. Later, she and husband, Josh, had a miscarriage and later conceived again which resulted in the birth of their daughter, Jayda in 2012. Ebony and Josh divorced, but she later began dating a guy named James. James and Ebony had a miscarriage less than a year ago, and are now pregnant again and due on June 22nd with a third girl. The couple plans to name their daughter Jaelyn. Ebony does not have custody of her first two children, but Josh does.
Season 2 (2010-2011)
Season 2 had a whopping 19 girls featured, but they split them up over two smaller seasons. Of those featured on season 2, 13 have gotten pregnant again.
1. Jenelle – Jenelle gave birth to her son, Jace, during her episode. After Jace’s birth, Jenelle married Courtland Rogers. The couple had a pregnancy which was ended after a physical altercation. She then conceived again, but had an abortion before meeting ex-fiance Nathan Griffith. Jenelle and Nathan then conceived their son, Kaiser. This is 4 pregnancies for Jenelle (that I can remember) but it could be more.
2. Nikkole – Gave birth to son, Lyle, on her episode. She later was pregnant with a son, Ashton, which resulted in a stillbirth. Information later came forward that this pregnancy was fake and that she was never even pregnant in the first place. Nikkole is currently pregnant with a girl who she plans on naming Ellie Jade. The baby’s father, Ryan Rice, and Nikkole are on and off depending on the week. She is due in the next couple of months.
3. Lori – Lori placed her son up for adoption on her episode. She then began dating a guy named Joey Amos, and the two welcomed a daughter, Rylynn together. Lori and Joey broke up, and she got pregnant again. Her newest child is a boy named Logan. Logan was born this fall and was in the NICU for quite a while before he got to come home before Christmas.
4. Leah – Leah had twins on her episode of 16 & Pregnant, but later divorced their father. She met her ex-husband, Jeremy Calvert, and the two hopped on the baby making wagon quickly, but had a miscarriage. Soon after that she conceived her daughter, Addie, who is now 2 years old.
5. Kailyn – Gave birth to her son, Isaac, on her episode of 16 & Pregnant. We learned in Kailyn’s book that she was actually pregnant once before Isaac. She had a pregnancy when she was 15 which ended in an abortion on her 16th birthday. She has also had a pregnancy since Isaac, which resulted in the birth of her son, Lincoln, back in November of 2013.
6. Brooke – Gave birth to her son, Brody, on her episode of 16 & Pregnant, and later had a second child with her husband Cody. Their daughter’s name is Rylee, and she was born in December of 2012.
7. Felicia – Gave birth to daughter, Genesis, with boyfriend Alex. Alex and Felicia broke up (he got another girl pregnant) but they got back together at some point to conceive their second daughter, Giselle, who was born in May of 2014.
8. Markai – Gave birth to her daughter, Za’Karia, on her episode. Later, Markai was featured on the “No Easy Decision” episode which showed the struggle of getting pregnant again and choosing abortion instead of parenting. Since then, there have been several rumors about Markai getting pregnant again, but she hasn’t officially confirmed or denied anything, so we’re really unsure.
9. Aubrey – Gave birth to her son, Austin, on her episode. Later, she and husband Brandon were divorced, and Aubrey got pregnant again. She gave birth to a second son named Easton, but we don’t know a whole lot of information about him.
10. Christinna – Gave birth to her daughter, Destiny, on her episode. Christinna separated from her husband, and began dating another man named Dalonte, and the two conceived a child. Christinna and Dalonte welcomed their daughter, Naomi, in March of 2014.
11. Kayla – Kayla and JR had Rylan on their episode. The two split up, and Kayla began dating a younger man named Zach. They’ve been together for a while, and recently announced that they are expecting their first child together. She is due in August with a boy.
12. Megan – Megan and Nathan welcomed their son Blake on their episode of 16 & Pregnant. They married, and later divorced. Megan found love again in a guy named Chase, and the two welcomed their first son together, Silas, into the world in April.
13. Ashley – Ashley placed her daughter Callie for adoption with her aunt and uncle. She later rekindled her relationship with estranged baby daddy, Justin Lane. The two ended up pregnant, but Ashley suffered from a blighted ovum, and the pregnancy wasn’t viable. Some question whether or not this actually counts as a miscarriage or a pregnancy at all, but I’m listing it anyway.
Season 3 (2011)
Season 3 featured stories of 10 girls. Of those 10, we believe that 8 have gotten pregnant again.
1. Jordan – Gave birth to her son, Noah, on her episode. She shocked fans by getting pregnant before the reunion special had even been filmed. Jordan and Brian welcomed their daughter, Arri, in November of 2011.
2. Jennifer – Gave birth to twins with boyfriend, Josh. The two later separated, and she got married to a new guy named Luis. Luis and Jennifer conceived and welcomed their first son together, Sebastian, in April of 2014.
3. Jamie – Welcomed daughter, Miya, with boyfriend Ryan on her episode. About 2 years later, Jamie posted a picture on Twitter of an ultrasound, with a caption that led people to believe she miscarried. It turns out that Jamie had an abortion early on in the pregnancy. She and Ryan later conceived again and recently welcomed their first son, Mason, in October of 2014.
4. Danielle – Gave birth to her son, Jamie Jr., on her episode. Later, she and boyfriend Jamie Sr. got pregnant again, and the couple welcomed their daughter, Jayleigh, in June of 2013.
5. Cleondra – Welcomed daughter, Kylee, on her episode of 16 & Pregnant. She and ex-boyfriend, Mario, separated. She lost custody of her daughter, and is now pregnant with her second child. She’s expecting a boy in August, but has been extremely quiet about this pregnancy and we know nothing about the baby’s father or her relationship status, which has led several fans to think she’s hiding something.
6. Izabella – Welcomed baby Enrique on her episode, and stayed with fiance Jairo. Jairo and Izabella seemed to be defying the odds of teen relationships, but they ended up planning a second pregnancy and announcing it around 20 weeks. Izabella and Jairo welcomed their daughter, Anastazia, into the world in November of 2014.
7. Kianna – Welcomed baby Kay’den on her episode. She’s said about a dozen times that she’s pregnant, but nothing ever comes from it (similar to Markai’s situation). I figured I’d list it since we just had an article about her and she’s fresh in your minds.
8. Allie – Allie and boyfriend Joey welcomed their son, Aydenn, during their time on MTV. Allie moved back to New Jersey and began dating a guy named Chris Guthries. The two announced their pregnancy with a notorious Jordan shoe photo, but Teen Mom Junkies exclusively revealed that Allie suffered a miscarriage early on in the pregnancy. As far as we know, Allie has not been pregnant again since, but she has deleted all of her social media accounts and is very private about things now.
Season 4 (2012)
Season 4 featured 12 girls. Of those 12, 6 have had multiple pregnancies.
1. Mackenzie – Welcomed son Gannon on her episode. After her episode was aired, fans found out that Mackenzie had a pregnancy before Gannon, which ended in a late term miscarriage less than a year before Gannon’s birth. Mackenzie is high risk due to her Type 1 Diabetes, but chose to conceive again with husband Josh. The two welcomed their daughter, Jaxie, in February of 2014.
2. Jordan – Jordan welcomed her son, Chase, with boyfriend Tyler. The couple has stayed together and are currently engaged. They welcomed their second child together in March of 2014: a girl named Skylar.
3. Myranda – Myranda and Eric welcomed their daughter Kaylee during their time on MTV. They went on to get married, and got pregnant again. Myranda didn’t formally announce her pregnancy, but pictures surfaced and sleuths connected the dots. The couple welcomed their second daughter, Ryleigh, in April of 2014.
4. Sarah – Welcomed daughter Tinleigh during her episode. She later hooked up with her former manager, Justin Fine, who is significantly older than her, and ended up pregnant while he was still married to another lady. Sarah welcomed her second daughter, Tessly, in October of 2013.
5. Devon – Welcomed her son, Landon, on her episode. She and her baby daddy later separated and claimed they were faking their happiness for the cameras. Devon has moved on and is dating a guy named Eric. The couple is expecting a girl together in July.
6. Kristina – Welcomed her son Lukas on the most heart breaking episode of 16 & Pregnant to date. She later married a guy named T.J. and ended up pregnant for a second time. They welcomed their son, Tommie Joseph, into the world in January of 2013. The couple had a lot of drama, and ended up separating. Teen Mom Junkies exclusively revealed that Kristina was pregnant for a 3rd time, and gave birth to her son, Layton Jax. Friends and family were unsure whether Layton was T.J.’s son or not, due to some cheating that occurred around the time of his conception.
Season 5 (2014)
Season 5 featured 12 girls, and of the 12, only 3 have had multiple pregnancies that we know of.
1. Autumn – Welcomed her son, Drake, on her episode. She later revealed that Drake’s conception happened very shortly after a miscarriage. Autumn thought that she couldn’t get pregnant so soon after a miscarriage, and that’s why she ended up on 16 & Pregnant.
2. Millina – Millina welcomed her son, Kayden, on her episode. She later shared that she had an abortion at 14 years old. She also said that she had a second pregnancy after Kayden, which resulted in a miscarriage due to the egg being stuck in her Fallopian tube.
3. Savannah – Savannah welcomed her son, Rowan, on MTV. She recently revealed that she had a miscarriage about 5 years ago, which would have made her either 13 or 14 at the time of the pregnancy.