Briana Dejesus lives in Orlando, Florida (Disney World!!!!!!! My favorite place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and she comes from a single parent family. Her, her mom, and her sister are very close. Briana and her sister both got pregnant at the same time, but her sister, Brittany, chose to abort her baby, while Briana chose to keep her. Briana and the baby daddy are no longer an item.
My thoughts on the episode:
- Briana thinks it was awkward to ask her boyfriend to put on a condom. I’m guessing it’s not as awkward as being spread-eagled in front of him squeezing out a kid.
- Brittany tries to justify her decision to Briana by saying she’ll be free, but Briana will be tied down to a baby. She doth protest too much, methinks.
- Briana cuts her toe open and there’s a close-up of it and it’s really gross. Hey, MTV, we don’t need to see that.
- Brittany is annoying. She pretty much spends all her time making Briana feel like shit.
- Before the baby is born, Briana meets up with baby daddy, Devoin, who is looking all cool, to discuss the name. He diverts the conversation to their personal issues, since they haven’t spoken in like a month. She tells Devoin to get a job and he acts like it’s all messed up. “I’m forced to get a job!” Um, yeah, it’s called being a responsible parent.
- Briana’s plan? Take night courses when the baby is 4 to 5 months old.
- Brittany is being annoying again. She is totally jealous of Briana’s pregnancy.
- Devoin is ignoring Briana again. I feel so bad for her.
- When Briana goes into labor, Devoin actually shows up. I don’t know what to think about him.
- Nova Star was born on September 10th, weighing in at 8 pounds.
- Briana left Devoin’s name off the birth certificate since he took off to play basketball while she was still in the hospital. He was not happy about that.
- Devoin is back to ignoring Briana.
- Devoin’s back. This guy can’t make up his mind. While he’s visiting Briana and Nova, he spends more time on his phone than with them. Briana’s mother, Roxanne, gives him a what-for. It’s pretty awesome. I love Roxanne. He doesn’t seem to like it though. He takes off again.
- There’s a montage where Brittany’s off having a blast with her friends during Halloween while Briana is home alone with the baby. Between that and Devoin being a dickwad, Briana is pretty sad.
- Briana tells Brittany that she would have made the same decision she did if she could go back and do it again…not that she regrets Nova, of course.