Jordan Howard hails from Pennsylvania and her and her boyfriend, Tyler, are expecting. Tyler is a loner and not popular with Jordan’s mother or any of the kids at school. Despite this, Jordan has been living with him so she can get to the hospital faster if need be, since her mama works the graveyard shift.
- Jordan’s mother, Kelly, supposedly doesn’t like that Tyler’s white, but Jordan insists her mom isn’t racist.
- Tyler looks like someone who would never have a girlfriend and live in his mom’s basement until he’s 45, and I feel like an awful person saying that.
- Kelly won’t let Tyler shack up at her house, but Jordan can shack up at his house? Why is that different? Kelly: “When I seen him, I definitely didn’t think you would be intimate with him.” Hahaha! That was so mean!
- Jordan asks Tyler’s parents if she can stay with them after the baby is born. They’re fine with it.
- Tyler talks like such a gamer (and I’m a gamer myself, so I recognize this stuff). When Jordan asks Tyler what happens when she tries to take the baby, he says, “I’ll fight her to the death.” Hopefully he doesn’t forget to bring along his Blade of Devastation and Shield of Righteousness.
- The obligatory baby gear shopping trip. Blah, blah, they find out how expensive things are, blah.
- Kelly throws a surprise baby shower for Jordan, but since Tyler isn’t allowed in Kelly’s house, he’s not invited. I really don’t get what her beef is. Tyler isn’t a druggie who is out to corrupt her baby girl, and he’s the father of her daughter’s child.
- At the baby shower, everyone (even Jordan’s friends) are making fun of what Tyler looks like. “I always thought you would be with someone cute…er.” Who says that???
- At the shower, Jordan’s mom is starting shit again, so Jordan calls Tyler to pick her up and take her out of there.
- Tyler bought a crib and it’s at Kelly’s house, so they head on over when Kelly is at work to smuggle the crib out of her house. They’re Crib Cat Burglars!
- Kelly calls Jordan later and gives her voicemail a tongue lashing about the crib. It’s her crib! I think her main issue is that Tyler stepped into her hallowed halls and not that he took the crib.
- Kelly ends up sending Jordan an email saying she wants to work things out with both her and Tyler, and that she’s sorry. When Jordan meets with Kelly, Kelly says she was just upset when she came home and saw all the baby stuff gone. I don’t even know what to think about this lady.
- Side note: How adorable is Jordan? I love her.
- The Big Meeting! Jordan and Tyler both meet with Kelly. Kelly says she wants to be a part of the baby’s life and wants the door to be open to them. She apparently had a change of heart, but I’m not sure I trust her.
- Jordan decides to move back into her mom’s house. Tyler isn’t thrilled with the decision.
- Chase Alexander was born on May 31st, weighing in at 9 pounds, 3 ounces.
- The baby’s first night home, Tyler was supposed to spend the night, but his mom says he has to stay home to clean his room. Tyler probably just fears for his life, since he knows Kelly despises him.
- When Tyler shows up the next day, Jordan is none too happy since she was up with Chase all night. He said he just didn’t think she wanted him there.
- Kelly meets with Tyler’s parents, and his parents don’t seem too shocked that Tyler has suddenly gone into hiding mode. However, he does show up later to see Jordan and Chase, so they probably talked to him or something about it. Tyler states he just doesn’t feel comfortable going to her house. Not a good excuse, dude.
- Jordan suddenly has a lip ring. Did she have that the entire episode? I just noticed it.
- Tyler shows up to see Chase and Jordan is not happy and her family is like, “This ain’t no white person’s home!” and when he’s leaving, Kelly runs out the door cussing him out.
- Jordan says she’s dropping out of school.
- This entire episode confused me.