In case you don’t remember from last season, I recap the 16 and Pregnant episodes in bullet form. It’s basically just my random thoughts while watching the episode. However, this season I’m adding a poll at the end of every recap!
- Mackenzie Douthit lives in Miami, Oklahoma, and is Suzy High Schooler…competitive cheerleader, horseback rider, and she’s pregnaaaant. Her boyfriend, Josh, is a bull rider, but he’s had some concussions so he only rides wild horses now. I guess wild horses are safer than bulls?
- How cute is Mackenzie? I want to adopt her.
- Mackenzie and her boyfriend go to a carnival and are turned away from the ferris wheel because she’s pregnant. Is this normal practice? The ferris wheel? Is it because of the high altitude? She’s only like 5 months along.
- When Kenzie (my new nickname for her, since I’m getting sick of typing ‘Mackenzie’) asks Josh what her due date is, he says “September 19th,” which is totally wrong. When she tells him the correct date, he’s all, “Huhhh?” I can make a joke about him having too many kicks to the head by a bull, but it’s actually true so it wouldn’t be very funny.
- Kenzie’s sister tells her not to name her baby something like Cowbell or Buckshot. Is there actually a chance for that?
- Kenzie’s mom, “He never actually touches you when you’re around us and now you’re pregnant.” Obviously he touches her when they’re not around you.
- Everyone in Kenzie’s family looks exactly the same.
- Obligatory awkward conversation. “So, Mackenzie, how are you and Josh doing?” Then we get to hear how she’s annoyed with him for still doing rodeos.
- When Josh is late one night, his mom calls and tells Kenzie that he’s been in a very bad car accident. Now I feel bad for mentioning kicks to the head by a bull. Anyway, he has neck and head injuries caused by his pick-up getting hit by a truck.
- Kenzie doesn’t have a job and Josh doesn’t have a real job, so they can’t afford daycare. She asks him what to do with the baby when she goes back to school? He’s getting surgery and should be okay after awhile. He doesn’t have a job. Hmm, maybe he can watch his son? Just a thought.
- Kenzie goes into labor the first day of her Junior year, at 36 weeks. This show always makes me want a baby up until this point. Labor, and then endless baby crying. I remember those days all too well.
- “I can’t feel my butt.” Best line ever.
- Gannon Dewayne is born via C-Section and he’s roughly the size of my 3 year old nephew. 9 pounds, 7 ounces…and he was a whole month early!
- A Trojan commercial. Well played, MTV.
- Finally! Josh is watching Gannon during the day and Kenzie is watching him at night.
- Gannon seriously does nothing but cry. At least that’s all they’re showing.
- Kenzie goes back to tumbling after a couple of months and is totally out of practice.
- Does Josh own any whole shirts or are they all cut up like that?
- Josh still wants to ride bulls even though he’s falling apart. Kenzie is none too happy about it. He agrees to quit when Kenzie gives him a guilt trip.
Latest posts by Melinda (see all)
- Teen Mom 2 – One Hand On The Cheeto, One Hand On The Music - January 14, 2013
- Teen Mom 2 – At Least It Isn’t About Adam - January 7, 2013
- Teen Mom 2 – Leah And Jeremy Sitting In A Tree… - December 17, 2012