Taylor Lumas is from Cincinnati, Ohio. Taylor is 15 and her boyfriend, Nathan, is a year older. They only live a few blocks away from each other, which is good since neither one is old enough to drive. I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. She’s pregnant, but they’re both too young to drive. Serious brain cramps here.
- Taylor mentioned she wanted to put food coloring on tampons as a way of lying to her mom about getting her period. I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t remember ever showing my mother my used tampons.
- As in almost every other episode, both Taylor and Nathan live with their mothers and Taylor’s mother, Debi, got pregnant as a teenager. The only difference is that Debi put that baby up for adoption. Debi suggests adoption to Taylor, which does not make Taylor very happy.
- Nathan doesn’t believe in adoption or abortion. He believes children should always be with their birth parents. I was going to mention how Nathan looks like a doofus, but decided to hold my tongue. However, now he’s talking like a doofus. I can understand not believing in abortion. That subject is very controversial. But he doesn’t believe in adoption? What? I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say that before.
- Taylor’s sister, Jeana, comes over and starts giving Taylor and Nathan all these horror stories about how difficult parenting is, while Debi looks on from the sidelines. I think this was an inside job. Well played, Debi, well played…although it didn’t work.
- Nathan is slacking on getting a job, which makes Taylor really annoyed with him. She’s baby-sitting to make extra money while he’s just sitting on his ass.
- Since both of their mothers work, either Taylor or Nathan needs to go to virtual school after Aubri, the baby, is born. They both want the other to do it. Taylor reluctantly ends up agreeing to it.
- While Taylor is in labor, she starts crying which is understandable, but she cries like a really little girl, which reminds me again how young she is. It made me kind of sad.
- After Aubri was born, Nathan was great with her at first, but then he becomes a whiny little baby and refuses to help. Taylor ends up taking care of Aubri by herself. Then Nathan has the gall to call her lazy. I don’t condone violence, but I kind of want to punch him in the face at this point.
- Jeana comes out with the best quote of the episode. “Ya’ll are being very childish.” She reminds me of me and my sisters…not one to mince words.
- The next day, Taylor confronts Nathan where he asks her if she’s stupid, then she hits him with a pillow and he calls her an idiot. Seriously? After this, Debi gets all up in their business and scolds Nathan for being a lazy bum.
- Taylor decides to talk to Nathan one-on-one again and he’s being all “whoa is me, I have to find a job, why does everyone hate me?” Gah!