Izabella, who lives in Utah, was 7 1/2 months pregnant before telling anyone other than her boyfriend, Jairo, and her immediate family. Here are my thoughts on the episode:
- Jairo looks 12. I kind of want to give him matchbox cars to play with.
- Izabella spends most of her time on the phone making excuses to her friends as to why she can’t see them. I’m surprised she was able to think of so many excuses.
- When she finally tells her friend, Cassidy, she said she had already heard but seemed a little annoyed she didn’t hear it from Izabella herself.
- One of Izabella’s fears is her friends parents will say, “Oh, you can’t hang out with her because then you might get pregnant.” I totally get what she’s saying, but it kind of sounds like she’s saying pregnancy is contagious and I admit I cracked up a little.
- After she told Cassidy, they finally got around to telling her aunts and uncles. One of her uncles was saying how hard it will be for her as a girl. Jairo, being a guy, would get high fives and stuff. Is that true? Do guys really get high fives for knocking someone up?
- She goes to church and the building is immediately struck by lightning. Just kidding.
- Cassidy starts blowing her off. First, she skips Izabella’s baby shower, then she doesn’t keep her up on school assignments like she promised she would. Maybe Cassidy’s parents just don’t want her to get pregnant too.
- She gets induced due to high blood pressure at 38 weeks and when the doctor announces it, they decide now is a good time to decide what to do. They decide Jairo can move in with her on two conditions…he has to enroll in college and they don’t sleep in the same bed. Because having sex is impossible unless you sleep in the same bed every night.
- After Enrique is born, Izabella’s uncle is all up in their business again, saying Jairo should go to work instead of college. Izabella’s dad sets him straight and is all, “I would rather support them for 4 years so they can get a good education and don’t end up working in McDonald’s.” Burn! I don’t think Jairo’s old enough to get a job anyway. Oh, yeah, these “Jairo looks really young” jokes are never going to get old.
- When Izabella starts back up at school, she finally talks to Cassidy. Cassidy was all butthurt that Izabella didn’t tell her about the pregnancy right away. That’s pretty much what I suspected.
- When Jairo picks Izabella up from school, he’s acting like he’s on his period and won’t tell her why. And guys say that girls are confusing? puh-lease.
- So he storms off, then comes back later and tells them what the problem was. Supposedly, he didn’t have all his high school credits, so he couldn’t start college. He had been lying to Izabella’s parents. Instead of doing his online courses, he had been busy impregnating girls. Well, one anyway.
- Her dad rips him a new asshole. If he doesn’t shape up, he’s going to have to ship out. Did I mention that Izabella’s parents are pretty awesome? They’re so supportive of her. It’s great to see.
More pics after the cut!