I don’t often post about the 16 and Pregnant girls, unless they also moved on to Teen Mom or Teen Mom 2. However, I received a tip today that 16 and Pregnant’s Kianna Randall was arrested today with bail set at $20,000. According to Tarrant County inmate search, her charges were “burglary of a habitation” and “theft.”
I don’t have any information besides this, but since Kianna recently turned 18, she will be tried as an adult. If I hear anything else, I will update.
*Thanks to reader, Jillian, for the tip!
Kianna Randall is from Ft. Worth, Texas. She’s 17 and her boyfriend, Zak, is 15. Kianna wants to go to college to become a Veterinarian, but all that is put on hold when she becomes pregnant.
My thoughts on the episode:
- Everyone in Texas loves football. Learn something new every day.
- Zak looks eerily like someone I went to High School with. I was like, “Carlos? Is that you?”
- Okay, let me get this straight. He’s 15, she’s 17, they were only together for 2 months before she got pregnant. She hadn’t taken her birth control in 3 days. They sound so responsible.
Well, that's a good idea right there.
- Does anyone else notice how a lot of these teen moms were raised by teen moms? Most of them seem to have absent fathers too.
- Kianna’s mother is all mad and preaching to Kianna on how she didn’t want her to be a teen mom. How hard it is, etc. I can tell her right that it’s going in one ear and out the other. When my mother told me that getting married at 19 was a stupid idea, I was all, “But you got married at 18.” Yes. I was a brat.
- Kianna had thought about abortion and is now thinking about adoption. When she brings it up to Zak, he is completely against it. He actually refers to it as “the easy way out.” I don’t know about you, but putting my baby up for adoption sounds like it would be one of the hardest things I could possibly do.
- They end up deciding to keep the baby, because Zak promised he would help her care for it. Nevermind that he lives far away and doesn’t have a car or even drive.
- Kianna has $130 saved up, which she says is enough for 2 boxes of diapers. I think she needs more practice in pricing things out. Oh, and she also needs a whole lot more money.
- Kianna gets induced because she’s at risk for Preeclampsia. A lot of the episode is spent watching her carrying around a jug that she pees into so they can test for it.
- I just feel like I have to mention this. Kianna has a friend named Pooh. Now I am dying to know how she ended up with that nickname.
Best. Name. Ever.
- After Kay’den is born, Kianna is falling all over herself with sleep deprivation, since she’s the only one taking care of the baby. Zak has to rely on his mother to give him rides.